We can cover all desired subject and language combinations professionally and competently with our global network of Cerebro translators. We work exclusively with native speakers of the target language.
Aside from submitting a successful test translation, translators joining our team need to meet the following professional requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a recognised professional institute for translators and interpreters or
- University degree in language and literature studies
- For certified translations, translators also need to be sworn in and appointed by the respective district court
- At least three years of professional experience as a translator in the chosen area of expertise with detailed references
- Adept use of CAT tools, preferably Trados, to maintain and manage client glossaries.
A lot of our translators have many years of experience as journalists, mechanical or electrical engineers, medical professionals or lawyers, acquiring their training as translators by way of continued education or as a second career.
Professional skills of translators
With translation skills, we refer to the ability to effectively acquire the additional linguistic and specialist knowledge required to understand the content in the source language and reproduce it in the target language. Research skills require additional experience in using research tools.
IT skills (expertise and experience with IT tools and systems) and specialist skills, which involve understanding content created in the source language and reproducing it in the target language using the corresponding style and terminology, are tested and assessed as a matter of principle.
We put the skills of our specialist translators to the test with test translations, which are assessed by translators with whom we have many years of positive experience in the relevant specialist area. All aspects of these skills are thoroughly assessed, documented and recorded in a database.
The tests are randomly repeated over the years of cooperation to reassess translators. Constantly updating our database makes a significant contribution to maintaining our quality standards. Updates are based on feedback from our clients and project managers, but there are often changes regarding the translators themselves: they acquire new skills, focus on new specialist areas, offer new services or work with new programs.